Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note battery explodes in Korea
"Chosun Ilbo" a Korean news agency reported that a 55-year old man suffered second degree burns to his right thigh when the battery of Samsung Galaxy Note blew up while it was inside his pocket.
A Samsung spokesman in Korea downplayed the incident:
“Lithium ion batteries can catch fire due to external pressure or sudden changes in temperature, so we’re trying to understand what really happened.”
The report notes this is the second such incident involving a Samsung Galaxy smartphone in the country, after a schoolboy suffered an injury when his Galaxy S II exploded in his trouser pockets in March last year.