The world's thinnest smartphone goes to the new Gionee Elife S5.5, they have set a new Guinness World Record since it is only 5.1mm thick breaking their own record. The thinnest before was Elife 5.1 which is 5.5mm thick.
Gionee or Gionee Communication Equipment Co. Ltd is a China based mobile phones and smartphone manufacturer located in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China.
It is so thin and at the same time powerful, you can choose between TRU Octa-core 1.7GHz or Quad core 1.2GHz CPU. It also has 1 GB of RAM and 16GB of non-expandable memory. The display is 4.8-inch 720P AMOLED. The elegant frame is magnesium alloy, with curve edges just like iPhone 6. The smartphone is equipped with 5-megapixel cameras that can capture high-quality pictures.
The Gionee Elife S5.5 will be initially available in Asia this October.
- Display: 5" Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- CPU: Octa-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A7
- Memory: 16 GB internal, no cardslot for expansion
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Camera: 13 MP, 4160 x 3120 pixels, autofocus, LED flash (Primary), 5 MP (secondary)
- OS: Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean), upgradаble to v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery